Loeb: 2009 F1 chance was a one-off

World Rally legend Sebastien Loeb believes he missed his only chance to try Formula 1 when 2009's bid to contest an end-of-season grand prix failed to come to fruition. Attempts were made last year to get Loeb into a Toro Rosso seat for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after the Frenchman had impressed in what was originally an informal Red Bull F1 test the previous winter

Source: http://www.inracingnews.com/formula-one-news/f1-formula-one-news/loeb-2009-f1-chance-was-a-one-off/

Marco Apicella Mário de Araújo Cabral Frank Armi Chuck Arnold Rene Arnoux

Race Fans Get Rare Chance to Drive Around Charlotte Motor Speedway During Souvenir and Race Ticket Blow-Out, Nov. 26

Charlotte Motor SpeedwayCONCORD, N.C. (Nov. 23, 2010) – Race fans from around the country will visit Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, Nov. 26, for the opportunity to drive their personal vehicles on the famed superspeedway for the 18th annual Souvenir and Race Ticket Blow-Out. Shoppers who spend at least $50 on merchandise or race tickets,...more»

Source: http://www.catchfence.com/2010/arca/11/23/race-fans-get-rare-chance-to-drive-around-charlotte-motor-speedway-during-souvenir-and-race-ticket-blow-out-nov-26/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=race-fans-get-rare-chance-to-drive-around-charlotte-motor-speedway-during-souvenir-and-race-ticket-blow-out-nov-26

Innes Ireland Eddie Irvine Chris Irwin JeanPierre Jabouille Jimmy Jackson

Tomczyk tops practice in Shanghai

Martin Tomczyk topped the first DTM free practice of the weekend on the streets of Shanghai, while a massive accident for Maro Engel brought the session to an early finish. Tomczyk only started to feature towards the top of the times with just over 20 minutes remaining

Source: http://www.inracingnews.com/other-news/miscellaneous/dtm/tomczyk-tops-practice-in-shanghai/

Cristiano da Matta Michael May Timmy Mayer Francois Mazet Gastón Mazzacane

Petty vows to continue with two cars

NASCAR legend Richard Petty says he is confident that his team will continue into 2011 despite its recent problems, but it will only run two cars compared to this year's four-driver line-up. Richard Petty Motorsports has had well-publicised funding troubles in recent weeks.

Source: http://www.inracingnews.com/nascar-news/nascar/petty-vows-to-continue-with-two-cars/

Nelson Piquet† Nelson Piquet Jr Renato Pirocchi Didier Pironi Emanuele Pirro

A Former Traffic Engineer on the Industry?s Perverse Standards

For decades, policymakers have touted enforcement and public awareness as the answer to the staggering cost of road fatalities in the U.S. But despite decades of stricter enforcement and well-intentioned public awareness campaigns, a new report from the National Academy of Sciences says the U.S. is falling behind other industrialized nations in traffic safety. According to [...]

Source: http://streetsblog.net/2010/11/23/a-former-traffic-engineer-on-the-industrys-perverse-standards/

Aldo Gordini Horace Gould JeanMarc Gounon Emmanuel de Graffenried Lucas di Grassi

Spengler admits ?risks? will be required

DTM championship leader Bruno Spengler says he will have to take risks in Sunday's title decider after his disastrous qualifying. The Mercedes driver crashed in morning practice and again in Q1 on Saturday, leaving him 17th on the grid while his title pursuers - Paul di Resta and Gary Paffett - share the front row. Spengler was philosophical about his plight on Saturday evening in China, and he added that he is expecting a tough race for everyone on the streets of Shanghai

Source: http://www.inracingnews.com/other-news/miscellaneous/dtm/spengler-admits-risks-will-be-required/

Taki Inoue Innes Ireland Eddie Irvine Chris Irwin JeanPierre Jabouille